The Overview of details of procuring filming permissions in India is as follows:
Producer needs to apply for approval in his own country at the nearby Indian embassy.
We will then follow the application in the Ministry of External Affairs for Documentary, TV Commercial/Ad Film or any Television programme and in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting for feature films.
And then we are required to take the local clearances as detailed below:
• District Magistrate permission followed by Local Traffic & Civil Police, Fire Clerances, local Municipal authorities for Village, Town or City.
• Ministry of Environment permission followed by respective state forest department for film shooting in Forest area.
• Archaelological Department permission for any historical monuments.
• Ministry of Defence permission for area falling under their jurisdiction.
• Ministry of Mome Affairs permission for certain notified restricted areas.
• DGCA permission followed by BCAS and Airport Manager/Director for filming shooting at Airports.
• Ministry of Railways permissions followed by local railway zone for film shooting at railway stations and trains.
• Ministry of Civil Aviation and Ministry of Defence permission for aerial photography which may require about Sixty working days.